Sunday, November 29, 2015

Christmas Season

Yet again, it is Christmas season! All I currently hear from my children is their NEED for the newest toy marketed through whatever cartoon/show they have recently seen on t.v.  As much as I hate to admit it, marketing things to children really pays off. Some of these items, I would never decide to purchase these items for my kids on my own. My 4 year old has recently realized she can not live another day without a Chocolate Pen. This is an item that lets you write in chocolate like a cake decorator. Shes 4. There is no way I will be purchasing it. If she saw it in the store, she would pass right by it, but since it has been marketed as the most amazing item ever, she wants and needs it. If I broke down and purchased it, she would love it for the first 5 minutes, the it would go in the bottom of the toy box along with the Elsa doll, and Barbie camera set from last year. 
Christmas is the season where all toy companies heavily market to children because it is universally known that parents will send $300. on a Barbie car and not blink an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment